r
d
l
a
Stevbo Stevbo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
Accepted characters: numbers, decimal point markers (period or comma), sign indicators (-), spaces (e.g., as thousands separator, 5 000), "E" or "e" (used in scientific notation). NOTE: For scientific notation, a period MUST be used as the decimal point marker.
Complex numbers should be in the form (a + bi) where "a" and "b" need to have explicitly stated values.
For example: {1+1i} is valid whereas {1+i} is not. {0+9i} is valid whereas {9i} is not.

Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is a very visible group whose main focus is to educate the public about the harm caused by drunk drivers. A study was recently done that emphasized the problem we all face with drinking and driving. Five hundred accidents that occurred on a Saturday night were analyzed. Two items noted were the number of vehicles involved and whether alcohol played a role in the accident. The numbers are shown below:
                                                         Number of Vehicles Involved
Did alcohol play a role?   1   2   3
Yes   60   110   30   200
No   40   215   45   300
    100   325   75   

Given that multiple vehicles were involved, what proportion of accidents involved alcohol?

Place your answer, rounded to 2 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.23 is a legitimate entry.
Read 334 times
1 Reply