t
S
m
s
ladams2 ladams2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I have been looking through all of these posts, but non of these question fit my book/questions. 

For example:  Exercise 3, Activity 1, Questions #1  Explain why the resting membrane potential had the same value in the cell body and in the axon?
   Quetions #2   Describe what would happen to a resting membrane potential if the sodiume-potassium transport pump was blocked.

All of the forums that I have read to get help with this entire Exercise 3 seems different than mine.  Anyone have my type of questions?Neutral Face  I am struggling with this as are my fellow classmates.
Read 3426 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
11 years ago
The resting membrane potential is the same because the permeability of the ions is the same in both locations.

If the sodium-potassium pump is blocked, sodium will flow in, depolarizing the membrane.
ladams2 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Thank you!

Do you know why my questions are different from everyone else's??
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
11 years ago
Thank you!

Do you know why my questions are different from everyone else's??

They are the same.
ladams2 Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Ok, sorry I feel retarded, but when I open up other forums regarding PhysioEx 9.0 Exercise 3, the questions are different.  Am I missing something or looking at something wrong?? 
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
11 years ago
Ok, sorry I feel retarded, but when I open up other forums regarding PhysioEx 9.0 Exercise 3, the questions are different.  Am I missing something or looking at something wrong?? 

Perhaps a different version? These questions were taken from the pre-lab. The ones you see are probably from the review.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  985 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite funny biology word?
Votes: 156