t
S
m
s
despues18 despues18
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
I might have confused my interpretation of the relationship between these two things. As a photon travels through space there is a helix shaped trajectory of a magnetic field vector. There exists an electric field vector that corresponds to the magnetic field's, running along it but at a 90 degree difference. I recently learned about how you could use special relativity to explain electromagnetic forces but am wondering if that's sufficient to understand the relationship between these two vectors. Is one the cause of another, are they both the same thing only different given our relative speed difference with respect to each vector (this was touched on in what I learned online, the video: )

Given this question and the understanding that these fields are constantly oscillating around a point, how could you polarize the light to stay spatially oriented in one direction (almost as if to stop lights angular momentum).

Read 321 times