s
r
d
l
a
oemBiology oemBiology
wrote...
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, oem7110
After tooth is extracted, I would like to know on how to handle the tooth socket,

Location of tooth: the last one on upper left side

• Should I leave it empty? any side-effect?
  • Should I implant a tooth?

Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Read 1818 times
21 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
7 years ago
Watch this video:

https://www.facebook.com/ScienceNaturePage/videos/834127906719469/

It's quite interesting. Face with Open Mouth
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago

It's quite interesting. Face with Open Mouth

Not root canal, my tooth is loose, which can move left and right over 60 degree, it seems no bond support the tooth at the bottom.  As long as it does not drop out by itself, at this moment, I keep it in place.

Do you have any suggestions on how to handle tooth socket after tooth is extracted?
Thank you very much for any suggestions :>

wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
Should I leave it empty? any side-effect?
Should I implant a tooth?

There aren't any side effects if you leave it empty.

Implants are aesthetically great. If you could afford it, excellent.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago
There aren't any side effects if you leave it empty.
Implants are aesthetically great. If you could afford it, excellent.

Consultant said, if I leave tooth socket empty, which locate at the end of upper side, front teeth would move backward a little bit, because there is missing tooth at the end.

I would like to know the supporting bond condition, if tooth is loose, which can move left and right 60 degree, what is attached to this tooth at this moment? only mucle?

Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks, to everyone very much for any suggestions :>

wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
Consultant said, if I leave tooth socket empty, which locate at the end of upper side, front teeth would move backward a little bit, because there is missing tooth at the end.

You might see some separation over a long period of time, yes, but it'll be so minor you probably won't notice it.

Root fibers connect the root and bone, holding the tooth in place. Most grown-ups lose their teeth as a result of infection of the gums or cavities. This is different than in children.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago
You might see some separation over a long period of time, yes, but it'll be so minor you probably won't notice it.

Root fibers connect the root and bone, holding the tooth in place. Most grown-ups lose their teeth as a result of infection of the gums or cavities. This is different than in children.

It seems that root fibers are gone between tooth and bone, would it be correct?
so what is holding my tooth in socket now? muscle only? would it be easily pull out?

wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
The fiber I'm referring to is called the periodontal ligament. I'm not sure what happens to it exactly, but the fact it's a ligament (collagen-based) is probably the reason why you can stretch it 60 degrees as you mentioned. It'd also assume that nerves are attached to it, hence the pain.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periodontal_fiber
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, oem7110
Periodontal_fiber

Referring to following image, what wrong is the periodontal fiber? how to heal it in order to hold the teeth firmly again? and I don't need to extract the teeth.  At this moment, I don't feel pain on gum and teeth at this stage.

wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
I don't think collagen (the fibrous protein) can be repaired, so it's impossible to reverve the process.
oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago
I don't think collagen (the fibrous protein) can be repaired, so it's impossible to reverve the process.

Referring to following image, I would like to know on which part is collagen. Furthermore, alveolar bone seems reduce a lot when I touch and massage the gum.

wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
The first image does a good job showing the ligament

oemBiology Author
wrote...
7 years ago
The first image does a good job showing the ligament

Referring to following image, Is the alveolar bone gone on (Removed) white area? so my teeth is loose and move left and right 60 degree

wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
I'm not entirely sure. The alveolar bone isn't the primary structure responsible for holding your tooth in place. Unless there is bone loss, known as severe periodontitis
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1059 People Browsing
 126 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352