i
r
r
AngryGone AngryGone
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
Hello,
I'm wondering what the minimum, average, and maximum range of muscle tension in humans measured by mV? I am trying to create an experiment to see how anger affects the body.
Read 244 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
7 years ago
In general, muscles work when calcium ions are released, which triggers muscle cells to contract. All cells contain inside them cytoskeleton. The cytoskeleton is composed of protein filaments. In the case of muscle cells, they are actin & myosin filaments. Sliding filament theory explains how tension & subsequently movement is achieved in muscles cells & collectively in a muscle organ. When actin &  myosin filaments slide past each other, they shorten internally, the shortening of these long cells internally are attached to tendons on either end of the cells which then attach to attachments sites or bones, if tension exceeds the load, the muscle organ will move bones like a lever, if the tension is insufficient to move bone, then only muscle tension will be produced.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  883 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431