t
S
m
s
D7esco D7esco
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago

Could anyone help me understand how to sub-categorize starches (or other types of carbohydrates), classes of proteins, and lipids within certain plants

This is how I see legumes, they are a starch which contain phytic acid and contain a protein called lectins, which are a class of proteins.

This is how I see a potatoes, they are a starch, but could anyone help me classify the types of starches I could find in the crop and the proteins and lipids in the crop.

I understand cruciferous vegetables are associated with calcium and sulfur, and its carbohydrates are know to be a dietary fiber.

What educational websites, videos on YouTube, or online E-Books could help me understand crops and the sub-categorization of Proteins, Lipids, and Carbohydrates they're composed of.

This is how I see Carbs:

Carbohydrate

Alcohol

Cellulose
Corn syrup

Disaccharide

Fructose

Galactose
Glucose
Glycogen

High fructose corn syrup

Lactose

Maltose
Monosaccharide

Oligosaccharide

Polysaccharide

Starch
Sucrose
Sugar

This is how I see Proteins (I do not see the word Lectin anywhere) Im assuming these are proteins within blood and I dont know where on Wiki I could find food proteins

Protein

Anfinsen's dogma
Atrial-natriuretic peptide

Capsid
Chaperone (protein)
Collagen
Cytokine

Database of Molecular Motions
Defensin

Endorphins
Enkephalin

Gelatin
Globular protein
Growth factor

Hemoglobin
Host defence peptide

Myoglobin

Protein biosynthesis
Protein Data Bank
Protein filament
Protein folding
Protein structure

Ricin

Serum amyloid A

_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___

Im also interested in alliums and I have this post below to show what I see but am wondering what else is there.
_____________________________ _____________________________ _____________________________ ___

Structural carbohydrate differences and potential source of dietary fiber of onion (Allium cepa L.) tissues.

Onion tissues of three varieties were evaluated for dietary fiber (DF) composition. Insoluble (IDF) and soluble (SDF) dietary fibers were subjected to acid hydrolysis, and the resultant neutral sugars, uronic acids, and Klason lignin were quantified. Brown skin exhibited the highest total dietary fiber (TDF) content (65.8%) on a dry matter basis, followed by top (48.5%) and bottom (38.6%), IDF being the main fraction found. The SDF:IDF ratio decreased from inner to outer tissues. Brown skin and outer leaves byproducts appear to be the most suitable sources of DF that might be used in food product supplementation. The chemical composition reveals that cellulose and pectic polysaccharides were the main components of onion DF in all tissues, although differences between them were noticed. An increase in the uronic acids/neutral sugars ratio from inner to outer tissues was found, suggesting that the galactan side chain shows a DF solubilization role.
Read 265 times
1 Reply