l
t
S
m
s
psyche360 psyche360
wrote...
7 years ago
I know they're less intelligent than humans, but if they share 99% of the genes found in humans, why can't they make words?
Read 560 times
9 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
7 years ago
Because non-human primate vocal cords cannot close fully, and they have less control of the tongue and lower jaw. However, primates do possess the manual dexterity required for keyboard operation, that's why we can teach them using sign language and computer keyboards
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.
wrote...
7 years ago
I believe they cognitive capabilities are limited as well, (the speech centers of their brains are  likely smaller).
wrote...
7 years ago
See talking is not the evidence of intelligence. If you consider about communication, the human is less intelligent than any other life creatures. We shout smile, cry, abuse in our own communication. Most of our talks go as a misconception. But in the case of animals, they never miscommunicate. So communication matters not talking.

wrote...
5 years ago
Because non-human primate vocal cords cannot close fully, and they have less control of the tongue and lower jaw. However, primates do possess the manual dexterity required for keyboard operation, that's why we can teach them using sign language and computer keyboards

Since their feet are shaped like hands, can they type with their feet?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago
Since their feet are shaped like hands, can they type with their feet?

They can type, but probably nothing meaningful, UNLESS it's like a sequence of patterns.

In that case, they have excellent memory!

wrote...
5 years ago
How did the chimps do that?
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
5 years ago

Chimps have superior short term memory compared to humans. This incredible short-term (or "working") memory helps chimpanzees survive in the wild, where they often must make rapid and complex decisions. Of course, it has to do with their brain structure; the details I'm not sure about
wrote...
5 years ago
Chimps have superior short term memory compared to humans. This incredible short-term (or "working") memory helps chimpanzees survive in the wild, where they often must make rapid and complex decisions. Of course, it has to do with their brain structure; the details I'm not sure about

Short-term memory? Does that mean once the chimp sleeps, its memory is reset?
wrote...
5 years ago
Not to that extent, but you get the point.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1143 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 284