Great
Neither good nor bad
Bad
Terrible
If you would like to vote in this poll, please login or register

wrote...
Credits: 1421
4 years ago
Discuss the principle aspects of Charles Horton Cooley's looking-glass self.
Read 1762 times
2 Replies
Sunshine ☀ ☼
Answer accepted by topic starter
wrote...
Credits: 11224
4 years ago
To view this post and more
You'll need to login or register
Cooley said that our sense of self develops from interaction with others. The looking-glass self concept has three elements:
(1) We imagine how we appear to those around us. We may feel others think of us as being good-looking or unattractive, intellectual or shallow, athletically gifted or inept.
(2) We interpret others' reactions. Do others desire my companionship because I am beautiful or handsome? Am I popular or despised because I am among the brightest students in the class? Does the fact that I am on the first string of our football team impress anyone?
(3) We develop a self-concept. Interpretations may result in the feeling that people like me and want to be with me, that I am a valuable person. Or, if I am blowing the curve on every exam, I may be rejected by my peers and feel awkward, developing a confused self-image.
wrote...
4 years ago
Thx!
Sunshine ☀ ☼
This topic is currently locked from adding new posts. Only administrators and moderators can reply. If you'd like to contribute to this topic, start a new thread and make reference to this one. Otherwise, contact a moderator for more options.

Control Panel

Post homework questions online and get free homework help from tutors.
There are currently 797 guests browsing and 32 members online. So far today, 449 students have registered.
Ask a Question Add Gallery Image Add New Term
Dictionary
Search Images
Free PubMed Mathematics Tools Arcade
Related Images
08/31/11

12/12/12

05/08/13