r
d
l
a
nomadi nomadi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago Edited: 7 years ago, nomadi
I mean, are we just eating then denaturing and disassembling loads of actin and myosin, etc. Most of the animal protein we eat is muscle, I think. Plants are different, so I guess I'll limit the question to animal proteins.

Thanks!
Post Merge: 7 years ago

bumpsicle
Read 135 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
Most of our amino acids are generated inside of us (non-essential amino acids). The rest around found in plants and mostly in meat
nomadi Author
wrote...
7 years ago
that's what i'm asking. because most of our protein comes from animal muscle, and it seems to me that most of the protein in muscle is actin, and myosin (??), would that mean that most of our essential amino acids come from those two proteins? i searched online and wasn't able to find which aminoes comprise the two proteins.
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
Actin and myosin are proteins, and proteins are made up of amino acids. I'm sure these proteins, found in muscle tissue, possess all 20 of the amino acids required to make protein during protein synthesis inside of us. Keep in mind there are 100s of different types of proteins in any given cell at any given time.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1133 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4