t
S
m
s
Elsa Marie Elsa Marie
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Activity 4- Assessing Lipase Digestion of Fat.

3.  Explain why pancreatic lipase would be active in the mouth and the intestine.

4.  Describe the process of bile emulsification of lipids and how it improves lipase activity.

Read 4584 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
11 years ago
Since the activity of pancreatic lipase is highest at pH 7.0, the enzyme should be active in the mouth and the pancreas.

3.  Explain why pancreatic lipase would be active in the mouth and the intestine.
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
11 years ago
4.  Describe the process of bile emulsification of lipids and how it improves lipase activity.

Bile serves to mechanically break up large globules of fat and produce small droplets that effectively increases the surface area of the lipids.
Elsa M. Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Thank you so much Slight Smile
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
11 years ago
Thank you so much Slight Smile

You're welcome Smiling Face with Open Mouth
wrote...
10 years ago
How can we check the answers. ALL I see are the questions and I am looking to check my PhysioEx 9.0 Exercise 8 Activity 4 questions that start with "Describe how lipase activity is measured in the stimulation"
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
10 years ago
How can we check the answers. ALL I see are the questions and I am looking to check my PhysioEx 9.0 Exercise 8 Activity 4 questions that start with "Describe how lipase activity is measured in the stimulation"

Please start a new topic.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1002 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 308