t
S
m
s
clee105 clee105
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
In the Baby Human: To Relate, one of the researchers was studying infants' understanding of gaze. Although the younger infant didn't follow the researcher's gaze, the older infant did and was "rewarded with a ________."
Read 163 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
Hi clee105,

I found an article that might hold the answer to your question. Here's a quote from the article:

Babies' brains are growing and developing at an extraordinary pace, which makes comparisons between different ages difficult: a newborn's gaze might reflect innate abilities, but a seven-month-old's will also be influenced by what he or she is starting to learn and remember about the world. “An infant may look longer in order to relate the event to what it already knows,” says Kagan. “The main point is that no single measure is able to supply all the evidence required for conclusions about what infants know.”

Source added below.

While I don't know the psychology behind it, you might be able to understand it better than I do
Source  https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/the-big-baby-experiment/
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  918 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 144

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?