d
l
a
s
ALOONA ALOONA
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
7 years ago
1.  The trp L region contains four repeated DNA sequences that lead to the formation of stem-loop structures in mRNA. What are these stem-loop structures, and how do they affect transcription of the structural genes of the trp operon?

2. The CAP binding site in the lac promoter is the location of positive regulation of gene expression of the operon. Identify what binds at this site to produce positive regulation, under what circumstances binding occurs, and how binding exerts a positive effect.

3. Describe how ara C protein functions as both a positive and negative regulator of ara (arabinose) operon transcription.

Read 267 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
2. The CAP binding site in the lac promoter is the location of positive regulation of gene expression of the operon. Identify what binds at this site to produce positive regulation, under what circumstances binding occurs, and how binding exerts a positive effect.

I've attached a response below.

Also: [Solved] The CAP binding site in the lac promoter is the location of positive regulation of gene expression o
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
ALOONA Author
wrote...
7 years ago
Thank you,

any luck with part a or c??
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
I think those parts have been answered elsewhere in the forum
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
3. Describe how ara C protein functions as both a positive and negative regulator of ara (arabinose) operon transcription.

[Solved] The CAP binding site in the lac promoter is the location of positive regulation of gene expression o
ALOONA Author
wrote...
7 years ago
Thank you for your help bio man.  You say the answers have been answered elsewhere in the forum, how do I find these??  Sorry, I'm new to all of this
wrote...
Educator
7 years ago
No problem, welcome to the forum by the way.

Here's a thread: [Solved] The trp L region contains four repeated DNA sequences that lead to the formation of stem-loop struct
ALOONA Author
wrote...
7 years ago
He bio man, I still cant seem to find these answers, it says I need to upgrade my membership to view??
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  824 People Browsing
 130 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4