a
t
i
r
r
doubleu doubleu
wrote...
7 years ago
Why is smoking hookah bad for you in comparison to smoking cigarettes? Slightly Frowning Face
Read 313 times
1 Reply
When you like a flower, you just pluck it out.
But when you love a flower, you water it daily.
The one who understands this, understands life.

- That's the difference between I like you and I love you.

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
6 months ago
Smoking hookah is not safer than smoking cigarettes. A hookah is a water pipe that consists of a smoke chamber, a water bowl, a pipe, and a hose. The tobacco used in a hookah is often flavored and heated with charcoal. When someone uses a hookah, the tobacco is burned, and the smoke is pulled into the water bowl.

A person uses a mouthpiece to breathe in. The smoke passes through the water and a rubber tube that ends in the mouthpiece. The tobacco in a hookah pipe is no less toxic than in a cigarette, and the water in the hookah cools the smoke but does not filter out the toxins in the smoke. Hookah smokers may breathe in more tobacco smoke than cigarette smokers do because one hookah smoking session can last an hour or longer.

Hookah smoke has high levels of harmful chemicals such as tar, carbon monoxide, heavy metals, and cancer-causing chemicals called carcinogens. In fact, hookah smokers are exposed to more carbon monoxide and smoke than cigarette smokers. Hookah smoking is linked to lung, bladder, stomach, esophageal, and oral cancers as well as heart disease and other serious conditions such as lung diseases and carbon monoxide poisoning. Hookah smoking delivers high levels of nicotine, as cigarette smoking does.

Hookah smoke poses dangers linked to secondhand smoke. Hookah smoking by pregnant people is linked to low birth weight babies 1. Using an unclean pipe or sharing a pipe with other smokers is risky and could raise your chance of getting diseases such as the flu, tuberculosis, herpes, hepatitis, or COVID-19.

I hope this information helps!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  998 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431