s
r
d
l
a
s
wrote...
10 years ago
that 's funny as hell but i dont really understand why would you cheat in college
colleen Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
that 's funny as hell but i dont really understand why would you cheat in college

It's because of the pressure of wanting passing and starting your career as soon as possible. Let's face it, no one wants to remain in school forever or pay debts for the rest of their lives.
Sunshine ☀ ☼
wrote...
10 years ago
I agree with him ^ about people just wanting to pass & get it over with. I also believe most people cheat because they have work & kids to deal with.
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, doma
awesome!
Post Merge: 10 years ago

It's because of the pressure of wanting passing and starting your career as soon as possible. Let's face it, no one wants to remain in school forever or pay debts for the rest of their lives.

school forever would be nice...... but paying debts foreer not so much.
wrote...
10 years ago
hahah that was funny. I feel like people should not cheat but textbooks should not be over priced so when you're taking online classes and using the interwebz for answers then it is okay. Makes sense right?
wrote...
10 years ago
But I've never felt there was anything wrong with looking at previous tests (from the current or past semester).

That's not cheating. That's called being well prepared!
wrote...
Staff Member
10 years ago
But I've never felt there was anything wrong with looking at previous tests (from the current or past semester).

So does modern day testing actually test your ability to understand the content?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago

So does modern day testing actually test your ability to understand the content?

This is actually the teacher's fault. If they didn't copy/paste the same questions from previous tests, there wouldn't be such problems.
wrote...
10 years ago
  lol
wrote...
10 years ago
Thank you for this, it was exactly what I needed for a good laugh. Ahhh stress! =)
wrote...
10 years ago
Cheat is but a life learning skill. It's not worth doing it because of the possible consequence, but you should learn not to be naive when it matters. Whether you risk by cheating or playing the "honest" guy and trying to squeeze the sympathy points out of the prof, result is what matters.

Morals are cheap. Here's my real question. Why couldn't he study hard and ace the exam, and hence avoiding all this sh@#? From where I come from, people dream... literally dream of studying here. To have the opportunity to learn and push your potential as much as the time allows you to. There's no starvation, no fucking fanatic with AKs strapped in their closets, no fucking mines that's implanted between your favorite restaurants and your place... despite the decadence of the West, it is still the place to be. If I don't get something, I'd find his office (if you can find the favorite Chinese take-out in the downtown of bustling city, you bet you can find his/her fucking office. I would not eat or sleep until I can see the big picture cause it would bother me all day. I would google because that's the best invention a student could ask for, and I have a whole semester to do it. Let's me honest guys, if you really put your effort and look into the course material for 3-4 days intensely before semester begins, I guarantee you'd cover at least quarter of the whole material. That's a powerful advantage.

The point is, he had plenty of opportunities to make it right... even badger or switch classes if things aren't working out. He didn't, so as far as I'm concerned... they're both incompetent losers. Bs... yeah, sometimes you get fucked by a final or a midterm sometimes... fine, I get that? C or anything below... no fucking excuse.

Except for some very very tough courses. But even then, you do know the big picture so you still should get a passing grade. Courses are not design to fail students. That's what careering hunting is for.
wrote...
10 years ago
Looll. Sure was funny
wrote...
10 years ago

I agree it has to do with pressure, but i don't necessarily think it's a pressure of wanting to pass a class or to start a career as soon as possible, because passing a class is hella easy (although a C might not look so nice). i think it has more to do with them being too lazy to study. of all of the cheaters that i know, none of them put time into studying outside of class besides the day before the test.
wrote...
10 years ago
hahaha nice
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  610 People Browsing
 101 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?