a
t
i
r
r
mkm0000 mkm0000
wrote...
12 years ago
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me with the questions 9-15 in the review sheet for digestion? THANK YOU!!
Read 1748 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
Digestive Tissue Review

1.   Are salivary glands endocrine or exocrine glands? 1-The are exocrine
2.   Which salivary secretions, mucus or serous, is more thin and watery in consistency? 2-serous
3.   Briefly explain the difference between an adventitia and a serosa. 3-serosa is a serous membrane that secretes serous fluid unlike the adventitia which does not.
4.   What is the function of the mucus secreted by surface mucous cells? 4- It protects the inner stomach walls from acid, and pepsin.
5.   Why is it important for the duodenum to add large quantities of mucus (from Brunner’s glands) to the partially digested food entering it from the stomach? 5- Mucus helps protect the intestinal walls, bind fecal matter, and control pH of the contents.
6.   Why is it important to have an abundance of mucous goblet cells in the colon? 6-Helps to regulate the passing of contents through the bowel.
7.   What general type of cell is the phagocytic Kupffer cell? 7-WBC, immunity and macrophage.
8.   Blood in the portal vein flows directly from what organs? 8-through the small veins, to portal veins liver, inferior caval, to the right atrium.
9.   What is the function of bile in the digestive process?  9- It serves to raise the alkalinity of stomach contents, and emulsifies lipids helping to break down fats.
Mz
wrote...
12 years ago
Hi,
If thats not it copy and paste the questions to here and we can help you.
Mz
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1071 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite math subject?
Votes: 293