i
r
r
firegirl2012 firegirl2012
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
Please Help.
Please answer in simple English, as i do not understand huge scientific words. I just need a bit of a push in science at school! Slight Smile
Read 515 times
2 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Glucose is needed for cellular respiration to provide energy. The blood takes it to cells, and if oxygen is present, the glucose goes into the mitochondria to undergo cellular respiration. It is burned with oxygen to produce ATP (energy), H2O, and CO2
wrote...
11 years ago
actually the glucose enters the cells is coverted to glucose -6-Phosphate is degraded by glycolysis to pyruvate and in aerobic tissues the pyruvate enters the mitochondrion and is converted by pyruvate dehydrogenase to acetyl CoA which then condenses with oxaloacetate via the enzyme citrate synthase to form citrate which begins the Krebs" TCA Cycle. The products of Krebs"( NADH and FADH2 ) enter the electrion transport system and by a series of step down oxidations results in the production of ATP during respiration ( oxidative phosphorylation ) and water ( oxygen is the terminal oxidant and becomes reduded to water ).
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1033 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?