t
i
r
r
LexDawg LexDawg
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I NEED HELP WITH THIS FORUM FOR MY ANTHROPOLGY CLASS... HELP PLEASE! I REALLY NOT GOOD WITH THIS SUBJECT... THANKS  Slight Smile

Question: During this course we will be exploring many facets of Anthropology. I think it is important to remember those early practitioners of the field who really are responsible for guiding and shaping anthropology into the science it is today.

A very influential anthropologist, Marvin Harris, focused his research on trying to understand why societies responded to issues the way they did. His work culminated in the theory of cultural materialism, which notes that human social life is a response to the practical problems of earthly existence.

Please use your textbook or an outside source to define cultural materialism. Do you agree with this concept? Is human social life a response to outside problems and concern or are there other forces at work? What could they be?

Objectives examined:
* Appraise different cultures, at different levels of development, which are now undergoing the process of combining their traditional ways of life with changes imposed on them by the modern world
* Judge the future challenges facing the human species
Read 1866 times
1 Reply