t
i
r
r
ilove0 ilove0
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
So about 2 years ago the doctor found out that i had a heart murmur and he said it was a mild one bcux it would go away when i laid down. he send me to get some x-rays but they had closed when i went. so i procrastinated on getting the xrays and never got them. from a while back i started to notice that i get a pain on the left side of my chest(which is where the heart is) should i worry about it and go to the docter as soon as possible? i am 17 male hispanic 120 lbs
Read 402 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
datdude666datdude666
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
11 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 150 words.

Related Topics

wrote...
11 years ago
Heart murmurs are NOT harmless like the other answer says, and if your doctor told you to get the x-rays it was with a good reason.
A heart murmur usually means a valve insufficiency, which can lead to myocardial hypertrophy (the heart muscle starts growing abnormally big), because, well, it's a muscle, and the valvular insufficiency might force the muscle to contract stronger, and just like with any other muscle (the biceps, for example), when exercised for a long period of time, it grows.
See a doctor.

Just a side note, the heart is not on the left side, as common belief says. It's in the center of the chest, only a little tilted to the left. It's right before the sternum, that bone is there to protect the heart.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  920 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
How often do you eat-out per week?
Votes: 79

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?