d
l
a
s
qPaladin qPaladin
wrote...
Rep: 2 0
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, qPaladin
This is an introductory organic chemistry course.

The following circumstances apply:
(1) Method of Evaluation:
1. Online assignments: 5%
2. Lab: 25%
3. Midterm Exam: 25%
4: Final Exam: 45%

(2) Midterm exam is already done.
(3) Final exam is cumulative.
(4) Midterm exam 1.5 hours long, Final exam 3 hours long.

I want to persuade the instructor to use the following policy:
If your mark on the final exam is greater than your mark on the midterm exam, then the mid-term mark will be discarded and final exam mark will count in its place (ie. final exam 70%, midterm 0% if you do better on final).

I would appreciate any input.

Read 1685 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
Wouldn't work out, because a lot of student would focus most of their energy on the final, rather than the midterm. They would see the final as a second chance - a forgiveness of some sort. That would make it too easy on the class, and could mess things up if the exam is significantly harder than the midterm.

Something tells me you did poorly on your midterm Undecided

My two cents.
qPaladin Author
wrote...
11 years ago
Note: The midterm is already done, and the instructor did not even announce this policy yet. Therefore, people have already focused as much as they could on the midterm.
wrote...
11 years ago
Note: The midterm is already done, and the instructor did not even announce this policy yet. Therefore, people have already focused as much as they could on the midterm.

By the first read, I thought you were the one proposing this change Confounded Face Have you mentioned this to the professor, or waiting until the midterm marks are back?
Biology - The only science where multiplication and division mean the same thing.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  819 People Browsing
 127 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274

Previous poll results: Who's your favorite biologist?