t
i
r
r
Leniece4 Leniece4
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
11 years ago
I am doing calculus 3 now and I find it hard though I did pretty well in calculus 2. I find some stuff in calculus 3, especially the vector topic, does not make any sense. Worse yet, I have to learn all the materials by myself since my teacher teaches horribly. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Read 6308 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
11 years ago
calc 3 is more like calc 1 except you have to do integrate 3 times. As far as vector topics goes, its not too important if you know how to do dot/cross products. Though it is important to know how to do determinants.

As far as bad teachers goes, there really isn't much to do, try asking ta/tutoring center for help. So long you know how to plug and chug, you should pass the class.
wrote...
11 years ago
It's all up to the individual, personally I found calc 3 to be much simpler than calc 2.

It is very similar to calc 1 just multivariate.  New concepts such as partial derivatives and vectors are extremely simple.  The only things that can get to be a headache are working with concepts such as line integrals, change of base, and just keeping things straight during calculations (multiple integrals and variables can lead to stupid mistakes pretty quickly.) In my opinion, the series and sequence topics in calc 2 were a little more difficult to grasp.  

Not sure how your university does math progression but if you have a "calc 4" (most likely linear algebra and differential equations) I find that to be even easier still.

Vectors are much simpler than they were probably explained to you I assume, because they aren't too complex and bad teaching has a propensity to make them seem like something completely bizarre and difficult to grasp.

Overall if you did well in Calc 2 I'd have to think you'd succeed in calc 3.  But that's just me.
wrote...
11 years ago
I like Engineering Math by K.A Stroud. Concise and straight to the point. No filler, no pretty sounding rhetoric. Develops very good technical math skills. First book starts out with Arithmetic and holds your hand all the way to Ordinary Differential Equations. The second book contains more advanced material, no less clear and workable.

As for Vectors, the first book contains general info on Vectors among other things. The advanced book deals with Vector Analyses.
wrote...
10 years ago
Nope, calc 2 should be the hardest
wrote...
10 years ago
I believe Calc is the most! Do you know that discovered website that help me just passed my Calc 2? They are great help really!  Slight Smile
Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.”
― Kevin Durant
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  980 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352