h
s
r
d
l
a
wrote...
10 years ago
How is killing innocent lives "individualism"?  And sodomy has no constitutional protection.  Marriage, heterosexual or otherwise is not a right.
wrote...
10 years ago
The term "conservative" is imprecise and views among various people labeled as conservatives are far from unanimous. Some people are primarily fiscal conservatives, and others are more concerned with social issues. In my case I am very concerned about excessive government spending and the national debt. On a political level I think more issues should be addressed on a state level to allow for differences in regional beliefs and attitudes.
As for abortion, I can't help but ask what is so damn difficult about using birth control? Proper use of birth control methods could almost make abortion a non-issue. I really don't have a problem with gay marriage, but I don't fully understand why gays would want to make their relationships binding legal contracts. It seems like it would benefit divorce lawyers more than anyone else.
But with the national debt getting close to $13 trillion and with the sky high unemployment I think we have some very serious problems that should take priority, at least for the moment. Labeling people isn't likely to solve these problems.
wrote...
10 years ago
Your reasoning is faulty.  Conservatives value individual rights.  the most precious right is the right to life.  Abortion is murder.  If the unborn could speak, they would say "Please don't kill me."
The so-called right to abortion was manufactured by the Supreme Court in Roe v. Wade.  Before that, it was illegal.  We have laws against murder.

Homosexuality is an aberration.  It does not amount to freedom of choice for the homosexual.  No one chooses to be aberrant.  Same sex marriage is an attempt to mainstream what is illegitimate behavior.  Homosexuality ain't normal.
wrote...
10 years ago
I'm for civil unions, and I do believe marriage is a sacred bond between a man and a woman. Civil unions can be done through the government, and that way no pastor or priest would go against the church laws, in marrying a same sex couple.

However, I will admit the sky obviously hasn't fallen in since my neighbor to the south (MA) approved gay marriage.

I don't agree with the idea of abortion either, but I am also sensible enough to realize that the only woman whose decision I can control, in relation to that issue, is myself. Should I ever be lucky enough to conceive a baby, and then realize I would not have the means to care for said baby, I prefer to choose adoption over abortion.

But that's my choice... correct?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1139 People Browsing
 144 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 586