r
d
l
a
DHZoe DHZoe
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
In my Anatomy and Physiology class, we were given questions about blood glucose levels.

1. What occurs when blood glucose levels drop below the normal range? (Be sure to include the hormone involved, the gland which produces the hormone, the targets of the hormone and the response to the hormone by the effectors.)

2. What occurs when blood glucose levels rise above the normal range? (Be sure to include the hormone involved, the gland which produces the hormone, the targets of the hormone and the response to the hormone by the effectors.)

I've tried answering these, but going by the example my teacher gave regarding how to answer a similar question about blood calcium levels, I don't think my answers are detailed enough.
Here's what I wrote:

1. When there is a decrease in blood glucose levels, glucagon is broken down into glucose by the alpha cells of the pancreas which produces glucagon. It then targets the liver, so to increase the blood glucose levels.

2. When blood glucose levels rise above normal range, insulin is produced by beta cells in the pancreas, causing the blood glucose levels to lower and convert the glucose into glycogen. It then targets the liver and tissue cells, which causes them to store glucose and increase cell metabolism.

I'm not sure how correct they are, and I do believe my teacher wants what the liver and tissue cells actually do, not my short answer.
Read 1197 times
1 Reply