r
d
l
a
topas8933 topas8933
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Osteopathic medicine is an innovative and cutting edge field that's gaining prestige and popularity worldwide, and I can't wait to get into that field but am concerned about being accepted to a med school of my choice.  Having a couple years before I can apply to med school, any tips or tricks to get in?  Or any strategies I can employ to maximize my chances?  Anything in addition to just a basic "clinical experience and good MCATs" will be greatly appreciated.
Read 962 times
3 Replies
Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Take up complementary alternative medicine and holistic healing as part of your extracurricular activities. your MCAT doesn't have to be great -- the average MCAT of a DO student is significantly lower than a MD student. But you should get the hang of more integrative approaches to medicine like preventive med and wellness. Look into public health, too.
Answer accepted by topic starter
jtrieu2jtrieu2
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 350 words.