t
i
r
r
Vickys05 Vickys05
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
1.   What is the name of the emergency medical condition that opening the left valve simulates?
2.   When you clicked the “Reset” button, the air was drawn out of the intrapleural space and the lung returned to its normal condition.  What emergency procedure would be used to achieve this result if these were the lungs in a living person?
6.   If the TV of a person’s lungs is 600ml, the ERV is 1200ml, the RV is 1200ml, and the IRV is 3000 ml, the total lung capacity (TLC) is _______ ml.
Read 2245 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
1.   What is the name of the emergency medical condition that opening the left valve simulates?
2.   When you clicked the “Reset” button, the air was drawn out of the intrapleural space and the lung returned to its normal condition.  What emergency procedure would be used to achieve this result if these were the lungs in a living person?
6.   If the TV of a person’s lungs is 600ml, the ERV is 1200ml, the RV is 1200ml, and the IRV is 3000 ml, the total lung capacity (TLC) is _______ ml.

Greetings, I don't have Physioex 9.0. I'm using Physioex 8.0 and I recently did this exercise. I'm unsure of the answer for #1 b/c I do not recall having this question. My other answers are accurate. I hope this helps!

1)Pneumothorax
2)Chest tube insertion/ Tube thoracostomy
6)The formula for TLC is Vital Capacity (TV+IRV+ERV) + Residual Volume= 6000ml
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1116 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145

Previous poll results: Where do you get your textbooks?