S
m
s
dacaol dacaol
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
Have answered some questions but needed help with

why the resting membrane potential the same value in both the sensory neuron and the Interneuron?

and

Identify type of membrane potential (graded receptor potential or action potential) that occurred at R1, R2, R3 and R4 when moderat stimulus is applied.
Read 18862 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Valued Member
Educator
12 years ago
Exercise number?
wrote...
12 years ago
56.Describe what happened when you applied a very weak stimulus to the sensory receptor, i.e. was there an action potential?  How many vesicles were released?

NO RESPONSE AT R3 BECAUSE THE VERY WEAK STIMULUS DOES NOT DEPOLARIZE THE AXON OF THE SENSORY NEURON THRESHOLD.

57.Describe what happened when you applied a moderate stimulus to the sensory receptor, i.e. was there an action potential?  How many vesicles were released?

4 VESICLES RELEASED.

58.Identify the type of membrane potential (graded receptor potential or action potential) that occurred at R1, R2, R3, and R4 when you applied a moderate stimulus.  (Compare/view the response to the stimulus.)

THE STIMULUS INDUCES A GRADED RECEPTOR POTENTIAL AT R1

59.Describe what happened when you applied a strong stimulus to the sensory receptor.  What type(s) of membrane potential were caused?  Were the responses at R1 through R4 all the same?

ACTION POTENTIALS GENERATED AT ALL 4 LOCATIONS
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks needed help with this also Slight Smile
wrote...
12 years ago
Thanks, this helped me also....this exercise is kicking my behind Face with Open Mouth
wrote...
12 years ago
why the resting membrane potential the same value in both the sensory neuron and the Interneuron?
wrote...
11 years ago

I have been looking for the same answer.
wrote...
11 years ago
https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=15294.0
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  967 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who's your favorite biologist?
Votes: 585

Previous poll results: What's your favorite coffee beverage?