r
d
l
a
p53 p53
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hello, I just wrote a post asking for suggestions on study metarials for chemistry on Teaching & Learning Strategies. I'm trying to study biochemistry but lacks basic chemistry knowledge. So I'm having some difficulty proceeding. I'd appreciate it if anyone gives me a reply. Meanwhile I'd like to ask a question about things that I've long been wondering:
What do molecules really look like?
I'd like to know so that I can picture the molecules and the interactions between them.
I read in redox reaction part that when CH4 and 2O2 combine, mathane gives one of its electrons to oxygen. In the book there was a drawing of methane that has a C at the center and four lines coming out of it at right angles to each other and the drawing of oxygen that has two Os with two lines between them.
Next to it was the drawing of the product of redox reaction, carbon dioxide and water. Carbon dioxide had a C in between two Os, each connected by two lines. Water had an O inbetween two Hs, each connected by one line. I'm trying to picture the process of redox reaction in mind. But I don't understand where in the CH4 does the O2 attach to or vice versa.
I think I'd have to know how they really look to imagine how the process works. Could anyone please explain how they look in plain language or tell me where I can look it up?
Read 1714 times
1 Reply