t
S
m
s
19614886 19614886
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hoping for some help, I see a couple other peoples questions, but not the same questions exactly.  Thanks!

Part 1 of 9 -

Question 1 of 25
1.0 Points
For a boxplot, the vertical line inside the box indicates the location of the
 A.mode   
 B.inter quartile range   
 C.mean   
 D.median   Reset Selection

Part 2 of 9 -

Question 2 of 25
1.0 Points
The staff at a small company includes: 4 secretaries, 20 technicians, 4 engineers, 2 executives, and 50 factory workers. If a person is selected at random, what is the probability that he or she is a factory worker?
 A.1/4   
 B.1/8   
 C.2/5   
 D.5/8   Reset Selection

Question 3 of 25
1.0 Points
What type of probability uses sample spaces to determine the numerical probability that an event will occur?
 A.empirical probability   
 B.conditional probability   
 C.subjective probability   
 D.classical probability   Reset Selection

Part 3 of 9 -

Question 4 of 25
1.0 Points
A discrete probability distribution:
 A.lists all of the possible values of the random variable and their corresponding probabilities   
 B.is a tool that can be used to incorporate uncertainty into models   
 C.can be estimated from long-run proportions   
 D.is the distribution of multiple random variables   Reset Selection

Question 5 of 25
1.0 Points
The following data were obtained from a survey of college students. The variable X represents the number of non-assigned books read during the past six months.
x
P (X=x)

Find P( X f$leq f$  5)
 A.0.10   
 B.1.00   
 C.0.20   
 D.0.90   Reset Selection

Question 6 of 25
1.0 Points
The following data were obtained from a survey of college students. The variable X represents the number of non-assigned books read during the past six months.

x
 P (X=x)

What is the standard deviation of X?
 A.2.0   
 B.1.58   
 C.1.24   
 D.3.24   Reset Selection

Part 4 of 9 -

Question 7 of 25
1.0 Points
The standard deviation of f$ar{X},f$  is usually called the
 A.standard error of the mean   
 B.randomized standard error   
 C.standard error of the sample   
 D.standard error of the population   Reset Selection

Question 8 of 25
1.0 Points
Given that Z is a standard normal variable, the value z for which P(Z < z) = 0.2580 is
 A.-0.70   
 B.-0.65   
 C.0.242   
 D.0.758   Reset Selection

Question 9 of 25
1.0 Points
The average height of flowering cherry trees in a nursery is 11 feet. If the heights are normally distributed with a standard deviation of 1.6, find the probability that a randomly selected cherry tree in this nursery is less than 13 feet tall.
 A. 0.67   
 B.0.89   
 C.0.95   
 D.0.11   Reset Selection

Question 10 of 25
1.0 Points
The mean of a probability distribution is a:
 A.measure of variability of the distribution   
 B.measure of relative likelihood   
 C.measure of skewness of the distribution   
 D.measure of central location   Reset Selection

Question 11 of 25
1.0 Points
Given that Z is a standard normal random variable, P(-1.0 < Z < 1.5) is
 A.0.9332   
 B.0.7745   
 C.0.8413   
 D.0.0919   Reset Selection

Question 12 of 25
1.0 Points
If Z is a standard normal random variable, the area between z = 0.0 and z =1.30 is 0.4032, while the area between z = 0.0 and z = 1.50 is 0.4332. What is the area between z = -1.30 and z = 1.50?
 A.0.8364   
 B.0.0668   
 C.0.0300   
 D.0.0968   Reset Selection

Part 5 of 9 -

Question 13 of 25
1.0 Points
Accepted characters: numbers, decimal point markers (period or comma), sign indicators (-), spaces (e.g., as thousands separator, 5 000), "E" or "e" (used in scientific notation). NOTE: For scientific notation, a period MUST be used as the decimal point marker.
Complex numbers should be in the form (a + bi) where "a" and "b" need to have explicitly stated values.
For example: {1+1i} is valid whereas {1+i} is not. {0+9i} is valid whereas {9i} is not.

A student scored 84 points on a test where the mean score was 79 and the standard deviation was 4. Find the student's z score, rounded to 2 decimal places, and place it in the blank. 

Part 6 of 9 -

Question 14 of 25
1.0 Points
Accepted characters: numbers, decimal point markers (period or comma), sign indicators (-), spaces (e.g., as thousands separator, 5 000), "E" or "e" (used in scientific notation). NOTE: For scientific notation, a period MUST be used as the decimal point marker.
Complex numbers should be in the form (a + bi) where "a" and "b" need to have explicitly stated values.
For example: {1+1i} is valid whereas {1+i} is not. {0+9i} is valid whereas {9i} is not.

In February 2002 the Argentine peso lost 70% of its value compared to the United States dollar. This devaluation drastically raised the price of imported products. According to a survey conducted by AC Nielsen in April 2002, 68% of the consumers in Argentina were buying fewer products than before the devaluation, 24% were buying the same number of products, and 8% were buying more products. Furthermore, in a trend toward purchasing less-expensive brands, 88% indicated that they had changed the brands they purchased. Suppose the following complete set of results were reported. Use the following data to answer this question. 

Number of Products Purchased

Brands Purchased
Fewer
Same
More
Total
Same
Changed
Total

Given that a consumer changed brands, what then is the probability that the consumer purchased fewer products than before? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank.   

Question 15 of 25
1.0 Points

It has been reported that 3% of all cars on the highway are traveling at speeds in excess of 70 mph. If the speeds of four random automobiles are measured via radar, what is the probability that at least one car is going over 70 mph? Place your answer, rounded to four decimal places, in the space.   

Part 7 of 9 -

Question 16 of 25
1.0 Points

An ice cream vendor sells three flavors: chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. Forty five percent of the sales are chocolate, while 30% are strawberry, with the rest vanilla flavored. Sales are by the cone or the cup. The percentages of cones sales for chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla, are 75%, 60%, and 40%, respectively. For a randomly selected sale, define the following events:

f$A_{1}f$  = chocolate chosen
f$A_{2}f$  = strawberry chosen
f$A_{3}f$  = vanilla chosen
f$Bf$  = ice cream on a cone
f$ar{B}=f$ ice cream in a cup

Find the probability that the ice cream was sold in a cup and was chocolate flavor.  Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For exampe, 0.3456 would be a legitimate entry. 

Question 17 of 25
1.0 Points

A particular brand of women's jeans is available in seven different sizes, three different colors, and three different styles. How many different jeans does the store manager need to order to have one pair of each type of jean? Place your answer in the blank. Do not use any decimal places or commas. For example, 45 would be a legitimate entry.   

Part 8 of 9 -

Question 18 of 25
1.0 Points

Suppose that the average weekly earnings for employees in general automotive repair shops is $450, and that the standard deviation for the weekly earnings for such employees is $50. A sample of 100 such employees is selected at random.

Find the probability that the mean of the sample is between $445 and $455. Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.2345 would be a legitimate entry. 

Question 19 of 25
1.0 Points

A popular retail store knows that the purchase amounts by its customers is a random variable that follows a normal distribution with a mean of $30 and a standard deviation of $9.

What is the probability that a randomly selected customer will spend less than $15 at this store? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.3456 would be a legitimate entry.   

Question 20 of 25
1.0 Points

A popular retail store knows that the purchase amounts by its customers is a random variable that follows a normal distribution with a mean of $30 and a standard deviation of $9.

What is the probability that a randomly selected customer will spend between $20 and $35 at this store? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.3456 would be a legitimate entry.   

Question 21 of 25
1.0 Points

Suppose that the average weekly earnings for employees in general automotive repair shops is $450, and that the standard deviation for the weekly earnings for such employees is $50. A sample of 100 such employees is selected at random.

Find the standard deviation of the sampling distribution of the means of average weekly earnings for samples of size 100. Place your answer in the blank. Do not include a dollar sign. For example, 7 would be a legitimate entry.   

Question 22 of 25
1.0 Points

What are the two dollar amounts, equidistant from the mean of $30, such that 90% of all customer purchases are between these values? Place your answers in the blanks provided. Do not include a dollar sign. For example, 14.25 would be a legitimate entry.

Lower value   
Upper value   

Question 23 of 25
1.0 Points

What is the probability that a randomly selected customer will spend $20 or more at this store? Place your answer, rounded to 4 decimal places, in the blank. For example, 0.3456 would be a legitimate entry.   

Part 9 of 9 -

Question 24 of 25
1.0 Points
The left half under the normal curve is slightly smaller than the right half.
 True
 False
Reset Selection

Question 25 of 25
1.0 Points
A random variable X is standardized when each value of X has the mean of X subtracted from it, and the difference is divided by the standard deviation of X.
 True
 False
Reset Selection
Read 12125 times
4 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Question 1 of 25
1.0 Points
For a boxplot, the vertical line inside the box indicates the location of the
 A.mode   
 B.inter quartile range   
 C.mean   
 D.median   Reset Selection

D

Question 2 of 25
1.0 Points
The staff at a small company includes: 4 secretaries, 20 technicians, 4 engineers, 2 executives, and 50 factory workers. If a person is selected at random, what is the probability that he or she is a factory worker?
 A.1/4   
 B.1/8   
 C.2/5   
 D.5/8   Reset Selection

Total employees:

=4+20+4+2+50
=80

There are 50 factory workers out of 80 employees, therefore:

Probability of it being a factory worker = 50/80
Probability of it being a factory worker = .625

Probability of it being a factory worker = 62.5% (5/8)
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Answer accepted by topic starter
HeathenHeathen
wrote...
Rep: 5 0
9 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 2830 words.
atravistwins,  candycorn,  bio_man,  bbridger13,  85red255