d
l
a
Beer w/Straw Beer w/Straw
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
OK,

I asked this question on another forum thinking about religion at first. I found a site about prenatal memory and learning, asked if it was reputable, and then saw that it was grossly not, Since it is beyond me to answer such things, I'm hoping I could get some input.

Thanks.

Quote from: Beer w/Straw;478495

There was one query that remained, however. Since it came about in Freud's Interpretation of Dreams, not a book about religion, in the form of a footnote, yet, seemed to have such a profound relevance to theology I was wondering if the notion was repeated elsewhere. Has anyone come across some relation to belief in life after and birth?

Note 1. It is only of late that I have learned to value the significance of fancies and unconscious thoughts about life in the womb. They contain the explanation of the curious fear felt by so many people of being buried alive, as well as the profoundest unconscious reason for the belief in a life after death which represents nothing but a projection into the future of this mysterious life before birth. The act of birth, moreover, is the first experience with fear, and is thus the source and model of the emotion of fear.

dbirth? \Chapter V. Sex in Dreams. Sigmund Freud. 1921. Dream Psychology: Psychoanalysis for Beginners
http://www.bartleby.com/288/5.html#note5.1

Read 687 times
1 Reply