s
r
d
l
a
bionicman bionicman
wrote...
12 years ago
Can someone please help me with the following questions, I am struggling to come up with the answers.

Activity 3

19.   List the several “mechanisms” you have explored that change the GFR.  How does each of them specifically alter the GFR?
20.   Describe and explain what happened to the glomerular capillary pressure and GFR when both arteriole radii changes were implemented simultaneously with the low blood pressure condition.
21.   Which arteriole radius adjustment was more effective at compensating for the effect of low blood pressure on the GFR?

Activity 4

31.   Is most of the tubule filtrate reabsorbed into the blood stream (the body) or excreted in urine?  Explain.

Activity 5

42.   A person with type 1 diabetes cannot make insulin in the pancreas; a person with type 2 diabetes does not respond normally to the insulin that is made in the pancreas.  In either case, why (or when) would you expect to find glucose in the person’s urine?

Help please will help with other activities if i have the answers.
Read 11312 times
7 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
12 years ago
19.   List the several “mechanisms” you have explored that change the GFR.  How does each of them specifically alter the GFR?

Both increasing the afferent arteriole radius and decreasing the efferent arteriole resulted in an increase in glomerular filtration rate.
Biology!
wrote...
12 years ago
20.   Describe and explain what happened to the glomerular capillary pressure and GFR when both arteriole radii changes were implemented simultaneously with the low blood pressure condition.

When both arteriole radii changes were implemented, glomerular filtration rate and pressure rose above baseline values.
Biology!
wrote...
12 years ago
21.   Which arteriole radius adjustment was more effective at compensating for the effect of low blood pressure on the GFR?

Increasing the afferent radius had a greater effect than decreasing the efferent radius because there was a greater increase in glomerular pressure.
Biology!
wrote...
12 years ago
Describe and explain what happened to the glomerular capillary pressure and GFR when both arteriole radii changes were implemented simultaneously with the low blood pressure condition. When both arteriole radii changes were implemented, glomerular filtration rate and pressure rose above baseline values.

Is most of the tubule filtrate reabsorbed into the blood stream (the body) or excreted in urine? Most of the tubular filtrate is reabsorbed to prevent fluid loss and maintain homeostasis.

A person with type 1 diabetes cannot make insulin in the pancreas; a person with type 2 diabetes does not respond normally to the insulin that is made in the pancreas.  In either case, why (or when) would you expect to find glucose in the person’s urine? Urine of the diabetic will have high glucose concentration. Due to lack of the glucose carriers relatively less than the amount of glucose to be transported, high amount of glucose could not be carried across leaving high concentration discarded with the urine formed.   
bionicman Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Thank you slabbapop and howard I really appreciate the help. If I can help in any way please let me know.
wrote...
12 years ago
19.   List the several “mechanisms” you have explored that change the GFR.  How does each of them specifically alter the GFR? Both increasing the afferent arteriole radius and decreasing the efferent arteriole resulted in an increase in glomerular filtration rate.
wrote...
12 years ago
Hey mattman, did you ever finish this assignment, can use some help on the last few that I don't have answered.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1077 People Browsing
 149 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion