r
d
l
a
Nunchi Nunchi
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, Nunchi
Alright, this is kind of embarrassing to ask, since it's comparable to someone watching a movie about astronauts (Gravity, perhaps? Though I've never seen it.) and instantly wanting to be an astronaut. Though these interests spawned from imagination and biology class, which I think are a bit more justified.

Lately I've been interested in genetic engineering/manipulation (or at least what I imagine it to be) and the  general concept of cloning..
I realize something like "cloning" is partially impractical since that's not really something to get a major in but something to get a job doing.
Basically, I'm wondering what major(s) would give the skills necessary to get a job cloning a human or, say, an extinct animal back to life and to modify genes to said cloned animals (like they did to the Rhesus Monkey to give it green fluorescent protein derived from Jellyfish). Biology does interest me in general but biology IS general, so I figure if I went that route, I'd like to do it in something more specific that caters to my more extreme interests.
(I'm also interested in Astronomy/Cosmology and Physics, which will probably end up being hobbies but if there's any way to tie those in.. I don't even.. )

Thank you for your time.
Post Merge: 10 years ago

Since the edit button seemed to just frustratingly disappear, just never mind. I got it.
Post Merge: 10 years ago

So the edit button is the reply button and that merges to your last post? Wat. Dude my jimmies are so rustled right now.
Read 628 times