s
wisam wisam
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
PLEASE I NEED HELP WITH THAT ONE ASAP , I HAVE ONE MORE DAY TO TURN IT

EXERCISE 4
ACTIVE 1
1. using a water filled manometer, you observed the amount of oxygen consumed by rats in a sealed champer. what happen to the carbon dioxide the rat produced while in the sealed champer.

2. what would happen to the fluid levels of the manometer( and thus the result of the metabolism experiment) if the rat in the sealed champer were engaged in the physical activity (such as running in the wheel)?

3. describe the role of the hypothalamus in the production of thyroxine.

4. what does it mean if the hormone is a tropic hormone?

5. how would you treat a thyroidectomized rat so that it functions like a normal rat? how would you verify that your treatment were safe and effective.

6. what is the role of the hypothylumus in the production of TSH

7. how does thyrotropin releasing hormone TRH travel from the hypothylumus to the pituitary gland.

8. why didnt the administration of propylthiouracil have any effect on the metabolic rate of the thyroidectomized rat?

9.why didnt the administration of propylthiouracil have any effect on the metabolic rate of either the thyroidectomized rat or the hypophysectomized rat?

10.propylthiouracil inhibits the production of thyroxine by blocking the attachment of iodine to the amino acid tyrosine. Does this drug   mimic?
Read 2482 times
5 Replies