r
d
l
a
JamesFraser JamesFraser
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Hello. I am James. I am a final year high school student in victoria, australia, who has a high grade average. I require career advice. I am interested biotechnology, and my skills lie in biology and chemistry. I would like to know:
-In the region of australasia, what are the job outlooks for those trained in biotechnology.
-Is it worthwhile to get a bachelor of Biotechnology, or bachelor of science(Biotechnology).
-Is it worthwhile to get a PHD in the field.
-If so, what is the best institution in Australia or New Zealand to get such a degree at.
-If it is not, then what other options would you recommend.
-What other advice do you have.
Read 1922 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
What comes to my mind instantly when you say biotechnology is the pharmaceutical industry and the food industry.

-Is it worthwhile to get a bachelor of Biotechnology, or bachelor of science(Biotechnology).

I would focus on getting your bachelor of science.

-Is it worthwhile to get a PHD in the field.

This doesn't answer the question, but since you're so young, and you're four years away from graduate school, don't worry about this for another two more years. Is it worth it? Depends if you want to make school your number one priority for the next 11 years of your life.

Check out the attachment for a list of top universities. General rule of thumb is that regardless of where you go, if you finish top of your class, you'll find a job no matter what.

Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1097 People Browsing
 113 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
What's your favorite coffee beverage?
Votes: 274