r
d
l
a
rumbler rumbler
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
This is what I'm currently studying they call it "organismic biology" with a minor in chemistry. I was wondering what you can do with a bachelors in this, i was hoping to just finish it first biology is not easy! But when i do was wondering what careers there might be with just a bachelors because i don't want a masters or at least not right away. If anyone has experience in finding work with a bachelors in bio would like to hear, my plan was to simply send out a giant string of applications to everything and anything related after graduating.
Read 1386 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
my plan was to simply send out a giant string of applications to everything and anything related after graduating.

That should help, but nowadays a bachelor in biology isn't, even though you spent countless hours dedicating your life to it. Problem is, it isn't as exclusive of a degree as it was 15-20 years ago.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
wrote...
10 years ago
There are tons of jobs for biologists. I work for Alkali Scientific and they love to hire people with experience in chemistry or biology as they sell supplies to laboratories and researchers and people in this field are usually the ones who come up with the best product ideas.

You should also check out your schools career center. They should have a lot of good info for the direction you want to go.
wrote...
10 years ago
Science is becoming a field that really requires a Ph.D. Even a masters won't get you that far anymore.

With a BS you could be a lab tech, a good position if you want to continue your education later. The alternative would be working for the government in a regulatory agency or similar ecology related department.

There are some corporate jobs in that field that deal with environmental impact.

Also, I should mention that in graduate school you receive a stipend, you are paid to get your degree. It's not much, but it beats paying them money.
rumbler Author
wrote...
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, rumbler
Science is becoming a field that really requires a Ph.D. Even a masters won't get you that far anymore.

With a BS you could be a lab tech, a good position if you want to continue your education later. The alternative would be working for the government in a regulatory agency or similar ecology related department.

There are some corporate jobs in that field that deal with environmental impact.

Also, I should mention that in graduate school you receive a stipend, you are paid to get your degree. It's not much, but it beats paying them money.
Thanks for the reply, i would be very happy being a lab tech or do something in the environmental field as you described those sound great! Your right about needing a PhD to do anything higher level but really i don't want to do that much school. My main concern is just finding a job, hopefully the economy will pick back up by the time i finish my degree. .
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  848 People Browsing
 189 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 3
Closes: November 4

Previous poll results: How often do you eat-out per week?