r
d
l
a
LESHUDSON74 LESHUDSON74
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
10 years ago
Which is better in the ways of entering the botany field? I would like to do research, so I think I would be limited to a bio degree.
Read 546 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
environmental science.
wrote...
10 years ago
Environmental Science encompasses quite a range of topics. Biology will as well. Look to see what the course catalogue says for which classes are necessary for each major. Select the one you like best.
wrote...
10 years ago
Biology is definitely better for the botany field, especially plant research. Make sure your university has classes offered that are relevant to what you want to do, because you can take a bunch of plant ecology courses and have no idea about plant physiology.... Overall though, Environmental Science is a more marketable degree, especially if you want to do any water or air quality, both of which are big issues right now (I'm a biology major doing environmental science...)

Biology is studying life, whereas Environmental Science is dealing with chemistry, soil, geology, all sorts of physical science things rather than life. I believe some Env Science majors do have a tiny bit of intro biology... Look at the courses at your University and see which one has more plant classes, see which courses you think would be applicable to what you want to do. Just to keep things real, generally biology is a little tougher of a major.
wrote...
10 years ago
Why not get a degree in botany?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1060 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images