t
S
m
s
desiinuk desiinuk
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I want to work with animals, so I want a degree in Zoology, but I also want to work with water, so I want to work in the Marine Biology field as well. How long would it take me to graduate with a PhD?
Read 514 times
2 Replies
Replies
Answer accepted by topic starter
mhidrogomhidrogo
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Sign in or Sign up in seconds to unlock everything for free
This verified answer contains over 720 words.

Related Topics

wrote...
10 years ago
Before you matriculate into a PhD program you should ask the admissions committee what the graduation rate is and how long on average does it take for the students to graduate when they get accepted into a PhD program. This will save you time and money. You don't have to major in zoology to work with animals, although a degree in some kind of science/animal field is advisable. You must complete four years of undergraduate school and once you get accepted into a PhD program the program should vary from 4-6 years (this really depends on the school and the pace you're going at). I highly advise you to volunteer or work in an animal field before majoring in something that sounds interesting so you have a better idea of the field and whether it's for you. Keep in mind you don't need a PhD to work with animals. Consider other options as well. You could be a vet tech, vet, zookeeper, animal trainer, or farm manager. There are many options!
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1046 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 387