i
r
r
ehd123 ehd123
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Hi everyone

I might apply to a masters program in molecular biology.. but before going through the entire application, I am a little worried about whether I should apply or not.. I don't have any expectations or the likes, but I have had terrible experiences in the chemistry- biochemistry courses i took as an undergraduate. I am pretty interested in genetics and biotechnology.. but I am worried that as a Masters student, I would be lacking in the molecular biology field that I am afraid to apply in the first place... Any help or thoughts would be appreciated
Read 3200 times
3 Replies
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
To my knowledge, knowing quite a few grads in a program like that, there are significant references to chemistry-the basics through ochem are pretty significant. anything higher than that (pchem) is explained as you go.
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
To my knowledge, knowing quite a few grads in a program like that, there are significant references to chemistry-the basics through ochem are pretty significant. anything higher than that (pchem) is explained as you go.

So if  I was not doing very well in my undergrad organic chem courses, I shall assume I am doomed in that molecular field?

Does it involve a lot of biochemistry?
Are the people you know enjoying their pick as a graduate program?

I am particularly interested in the biotechnology and the forensic part of molecular biology.. I don't really know what I am going into, which is why I am asking about it a lot..
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
I see =/ Much appreciated tswayd Slight Smile
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1028 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
What percentage of nature vs. nurture dictates human intelligence?
Votes: 431