r
d
l
a
brecol205 brecol205
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
12 years ago
I am looking for answers to the Review Sheet portion of Exercise 3: Neurophysiology of Nerve Impulses.  In the lab book these questions start on page PEx-53 and end on page Pex-58

The first question:
Q:Explain why increasing extracellular k+ reduces the net diffusion of k+ out of the neuron through the k+ leak channels.
A: Increasing the extracellular potassium reduces the steepness of the concentration gradient and so less potassium diffuses out of the neuron.

I have that answer but I am looking to double check the rest of my answers.  Has anyone completed the entire review?

Thanks for your time!
Aubrey
Read 8107 times
6 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
Increasing the extracellular potassium reduces the steepness of the concentration gradient and so less potassium diffuses out of the neuron.
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
wrote...
12 years ago
I've got this answer:
Increasing the extracellular K+ causes the membrane potential to change to a less negative value because when K+ ions diffuse out across the membrane they are leaving behind a net negative charge.
wrote...
12 years ago
I got something like this:  Increasing the extracellular K+ reduces the steepness of the concentration gradient; therefore, less potassium will diffuse out of the neuron (because the intracellular concentration of K+ is less).
wrote...
12 years ago
I got the same as they did!
wrote...
11 years ago Edited: 11 years ago, jgreen0209
hello guys im having a hard time with exercise 3 activities 5, 6,7, 8. i got all the others just missing these. thanks for the help
Post Merge: 11 years ago

so today in class my teacher tells that exercise 1-5 are due by friday after telling us that we have two weeks to do. now it's one week and im real behind. i really need some help with several of the exercise. can someone please help me out. im new to this site but from the looks of it people seem very nice and helpfull. i got exercise 1 and 2 done but not really sure if they right and on excerise 3 i need activitys 5-8 nd then all of excercise 4 and 5. lol i know its alot but i thought i had 2 weeks. please anyone help me out with whatever you can. thanks aloy
wrote...
11 years ago
This might help: https://biology-forums.com/index.php?topic=15294.0
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1104 People Browsing
 118 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Where do you get your textbooks?
Votes: 328