t
i
r
r
Vickys05 Vickys05
wrote...
Rep: 1 0
12 years ago
I was wondering if anyone had the answers to the physioex 9.0 exercise 2. I could really use the help. Thank you.
Read 2169 times
11 Replies
Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
12 years ago
What's the exercise title?
- Master of Science in Biology
- Bachelor of Science
Vickys05 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Skeletal Muscle Physiology.
wrote...
12 years ago
Post the question?
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Skeletal Muscle Physiology

What activity number? Sorry about all the questions.
Vickys05 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
For activity 4 and 5
Vickys05 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Do you need me to post the questions?
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago

If it helps others, than yeah, but I think I have an idea what you need.

Is it: Activity 4: Investigating Treppe?
Vickys05 Author
wrote...
12 years ago
Well for physioex 9.0 version activity 4 is Tetanus in Isolated Skeletal Muscle the question from physioex8.0 are different than the version i have now
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago
Well for physioex 9.0 version activity 4 is Tetanus in Isolated Skeletal Muscle the question from physioex8.0 are different than the version i have now

Yeah, I suppose your right. I have access to 8.0 only, sorry.
wrote...
12 years ago
21.   When stimuli were applied to the muscle frequently enough to cause a plateau in the amount of force generated, a state known as ____________  ____________ occurs.   Unfused tetanus

22.   Why do children (and adults) receive an immunization (actually several!) called a “tetanus shot”?
a.   This will prevent the development of muscle fatigue when she/he becomes an athlete.
b.   The person will then be able to develop the maximum amount of force from each and every muscle in her/his body.
c.   To prevent the development of a condition called “lockjaw” that can develop from a specific bacterial infection.
d.   This will a reminder to her/him to keep the skin washed and clean when she/he is outside playing.   
C

23.   The maximal tetanic tension of the muscle in this simulation was _________ grams.   5.95 grams

24.   Describe how increasing the stimulus frequency affected the force developed by the isolated whole skeletal muscle in this activity.   As the stimulus frequency was increased to 130 the force increased but fused tetanus developed at the higher frequency. When the stimulus frequency was increased to the amounts of 146-150 the force reached a plateau and maximal tetanic tension occurred

25.   Indicate what type of force was developed by the isolated skeletal muscle in this activity at the following stimulus frequencies: at 50 stimuli/second, at 140 stimuli/second, and above 146 stimuli/second.   50- Unfused Tetanus
140-Fused Tetanus
146+ Maximal Tetanic Tension

26.   Beyond what stimulus frequency is there no further increase in the peak force?  What is the muscle tension called at this frequency?   Maximal Tetanic Tension
wrote...
Educator
12 years ago

Yes
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1041 People Browsing
Gallery