d
l
a
ehd123 ehd123
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Hi everyone!

I have a small question.. Would including weird languages that you actually know a fair amount of, add a little spice to a master's application? or would it rather be seen as unprofessional?

Weird languages - as in- Ancient Egyptian and a little Korean  lol I have strange hobbies I know Face with Stuck-out Tongue

Thanks in advance  Slight Smile
Read 1128 times
5 Replies
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience
PhD. Candidate in Neuroscience

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Include it! Ancient Egyptian, I thought that was similar to Arabic?
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Thank you Smiling Face with Open Mouth

Nop, there are very very very different! Ancient as in it is heiroglyphic Smiling Face with Open Mouth from the Pharaonic Age =) Such a beautiful language  Wink Face

I speak and write Arabic as well  lol Arabic is THE modern unifying language in the Middle East..

But I need something to stand out among the graduates. Even though the language part is not related to any of the fields I am applying to - I am after all applying to a scientific program- I am hoping it would be something different Frowning Face I need all the difference I can get to be honest  Confounded Face
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Thank you Smiling Face with Open Mouth

Nop, there are very very very different! Ancient as in it is heiroglyphic Smiling Face with Open Mouth from the Pharaonic Age =) Such a beautiful language  Wink Face

I speak and write Arabic as well  lol Arabic is THE modern unifying language in the Middle East..

But I need something to stand out among the graduates. Even though the language part is not related to any of the fields I am applying to - I am after all applying to a scientific program- I am hoping it would be something different Frowning Face I need all the difference I can get to be honest  Confounded Face

HI

You could start an online portfolio, get yourname.com or something and add a blog to it.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
ehd123 Author
wrote...
Valued Member
10 years ago
Hello Padre Slight Smile

A portfolio for what? There is very little time left... my application is due in a maximum of 3 days Frowning Face
B.Sc in Biology
M.Sc Neuroscience

wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Hello Padre Slight Smile

A portfolio for what? There is very little time left... my application is due in a maximum of 3 days Frowning Face

You can get a website from GoDaddy and start it in a day.

Portfolio, sort of like a resume, but online. But all your achievements, etc.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1066 People Browsing
 114 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Do you believe in global warming?
Votes: 370