a
d
m
d
posiodensgurl posiodensgurl
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A nurse is ambivalent about performing vigorous suctioning in a terminally ill client in a comatose state. Which of the following is the appropriate statement by the nurse in regard to processing this ethical dilemma?

a. I need to know the legalities of the living will of this client.
  b. My spiritual beliefs mandate that I continue to provide all the interventions within my scope of practice.
  c. I cannot figure out what's right in this situation. I need to collect more data.
  d. I just feel that I should not suction this client.
Read 67 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
6 years ago
C
The first step in processing an ethical dilemma is determining whether the problem is an ethical one. The nurse who cannot figure out what is right is stating a characteristic of an ethical dilem-ma, which is that the problem is perplexing. The next step is to gather as much relevant infor-mation as possible.
The nurse who wants to know the legalities of the living will of a client is collecting some, but not all, data pertaining to the problem.
The statement My spiritual beliefs mandate that I continue to provide all the interventions within my scope of practice. describes the nurse's own beliefs.
The nurse is describing the problem in terms of her feelings.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  472 People Browsing
 111 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Who will win the 2024 president election?
Votes: 119
Closes: November 4