Rep: 3 0
13 years ago
In the lab is the follwoing stock solutions:
0.1 M (100.0 mM) sucrose
0.2 M(200.0 mM) acetic acid
0.2 M(200.0 mM) sodum acetate
0.2 M (200.0mM) anhydrous sodium carbonate
0.2 M (200.0mM) sodium bicarbonate

The acetate buffer consists of acetic acid and acetate ions. A chemistry reference indicates that a solution containing 40mM acetic acid and 60mM sodium acetate will produce an acetate buffer with a pH of 4.8. Calculate the amount of of each stock solution and the amount of dH2O needed to prepare 100 mL of an acetate buffer that contains 20 mM sucrose, 40mM acetic acid, and 60mM sodium acetate. formula is c1v1=c2v2

Undecided amount of 0.1 or 100 mM sucrose needed is 20?
amount of 0.2 M or 200mM acetic acid is 80?
amount of 0.2 or 200 mM sodium acetate needed is 120?
amount of dH2O needed ? all of the above 20 + 80 + 120 + 220 so how an I to figure out how much distilled water to add  Crying Face
thanks if you can help
Read 5609 times
5 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
Listen, don't feel discouraged. I am guessing this is the second part to your question?

Amount of 0.1 M sucrose solution needed: Use the formula c1v1 = c2v2 to calculate the amount of sucrose stock solution needed

- 20 mL

Amount of 0.2 M acetic acid solution needed: Use the formula c1v1 = c2v2 to calculate the amount of acetic  acid stock solution needed

- 20 mL

Amount of 0.2 M sodium acetate solution needed: Use the formula c1v1 = c2v2 to calculate the amount of sodium acetate stock solution needed

- 30 mL

Amount of dH2O needed: Add up the total volume of the 3 stock solutions and subtract by this from the total volume of solution you with to prepare. You should get 30 mL

Bio_man 8)

Send me your respect by increasing my reputation power Slight Smile
wrote...
13 years ago
okay, thanks, I put the link to your website on my facebook page.
wrote...
Educator
13 years ago
 Wink Face ty
wrote...
13 years ago
....can you send me a flyer, something I can print out and i'll tape a few on the walls in the science/medical building at Austin Community College, Eastview Campus.  send it to nancy.shoffner12@gmail.com
wrote...
13 years ago
Absolutely! I had one earlier in the month saved on my hard-drive but I lost it or perhaps deleted it. I will try to get another one to you and send it via email. Thanks for your effort oldcollegelady. If you need further homework assistance, our experts will gladly assist you.

Admin.
B.Sc. (Biology)
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  955 People Browsing
 165 Signed Up Today
Related Images