s
r
d
l
a
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
Here's the prototype. Now I'll need to style it.

https://biology-forums.com/index.php?action=trending
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
I'm not sure but... under control panel (that is currently occupied by "Gallery") would be a good place for this "topic trending". The way I see it, gallery isn't so useful for our members, so it could be placed under.
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
I think term of the day should be eliminated more so than Add Gallery Image, because I use Add Gallery Image a lot lol
wrote...
Valued Member
On Hiatus
10 years ago
I also just though something else. How about remove this "News" thing? As far as I remember, it keeps saying the same thing over and over... It's not really "News" anyways. Maybe if it was showing some of the popular topics? I don't know.

About the Gallery, it is useful because it leads more people to the site (through picture search). It's just not very popular to us.
 Attached file 
Thumbnail(s):
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
wrote...
Educator
10 years ago
I also just though something else. How about remove this "News" thing? As far as I remember, it keeps saying the same thing over and over... It's not really "News" anyways. Maybe if it was showing some of the popular topics? I don't know.

About the Gallery, it is useful because it leads more people to the site (through picture search). It's just not very popular to us.

You're absolutely right about the "news", since it's not really news. I could but the popular topics in there, that would be an amazing idea, but it could also be taxing on the server, since it has to render four more queries per every page load - that's quite hefty. This is a tough decision. Check the style now, tell me what you think.
padre Author
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
9 years ago
It's not really "News" anyways. Maybe if it was showing some of the popular topics?

Popular topics from the News and Discussion board is a good idea.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1088 People Browsing
 128 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352