l
a
beii530 beii530
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago Edited: 10 years ago, beii530
I have a picture that looks like this:

And I have this information:

I also have this Lambda DNA Restriction Map, but I don't really know how to use it:

So I was confused on how to measure the marker lane of distance traveled, & DNA fragment size?

I'm a bit lost since I can't really tell whether if measuring on this picture would be accurate compared to the smaller version I have on an acetate sheet where it accurately has the spots where each bands were marked. But it's looks a bit confusing, so I'm using this ideal gel to measure. Or it wouldn't matter at all which version I have?

Anyway, is there a specific way to measure the distance traveled and the DNA fragment size? I've been having a tough time searching it on Google since I'm not sure if I'm using the correct key words.
Post Merge: 10 years ago

Oh oops nevermind.
I think I might have figured it out.

I use the second link I posted to estimate the bp of each band right?
And for my teacher, wants it in centimeters. So I would just use a ruler to measure from each well to the leading edge of each band right?

Sorry about the post then.
Unless I'm wrong.

Anyway, thanks.
Read 606 times
1 Reply