r
d
l
a
CarbonRobot CarbonRobot
wrote...
Rep: 8 0
2 years ago
Can zofran lose its effectiveness over regular use or even cause nausea after a while? If so, can that be reversed so it helps again?
Read 223 times
4 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago
Hi CarbonRobot

According to their official documents:

"The efficacy of twice daily dosage regimens for the treatment of post-chemotherapy emesis has been established only in adult patients receiving less emetogenic chemotherapy. The appropriateness of twice versus three times daily dosage regimens for other patient groups should be based on an assessment of the needs and responsiveness of the individual patient."
 Attached file 
(287.59 KB)
You must login or register to gain access to this attachment.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
2 years ago
How about patients that aren't getting chemo? Just chronic pain that causes nausea.
wrote...
Educator
2 years ago Edited: 2 years ago, bio_man
This medication is used alone or with other medications to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer drug treatment (chemotherapy) and radiation therapy. I can't find any instances online that suggests it can be used for pain. If it's being used off-label for something else like pain, it'll be harder to come across efficacy research for it.
CarbonRobot Author
wrote...
2 years ago
This medication is used alone or with other medications to prevent nausea and vomiting caused by cancer drug treatment (chemotherapy) and radiation therapy. I can't find any instances online that suggests it can be used for pain. If it's being used off-label for something else like pain, it'll be harder to come across efficacy research for it.

No it isn't for pain. It's for nausea. But I am asking about nausea not related to chemo therapy. Does it decrease in effectiveness?
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  853 People Browsing
 187 Signed Up Today
Gallery

Your Opinion
Which is the best fuel for late night cramming?
Votes: 145