t
S
m
s
aussie6157 aussie6157
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient with a history of depression who has a pacemaker tells a nurse, I want to receive transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) to help with my depression. Do you think that's possible? Which is the nurse's best response?

a. I really can't assess whether or not you are a likely candidate for the treatment, but I'll share your interest with your health care provider..
  b. Of course. Individuals who were willing to volunteer for groundbreaking treatments are so courageous..
  c. TMS may be effective for depression, and it is safe for patients with an implanted pacemaker like you..
  d. This treatment is far too experimental for a patient with your complex health problems..
Read 49 times
1 Reply