r
d
l
a
DDahl DDahl
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
The client has completed the contracted number of crisis clinic visits and tells the nurse I have
  emerged from this as a stronger person. I realize I am not superwoman; it's OK not to have to do
  everything for everybody.

You supported me as I worked through my feelings of loss and helped me
  find community resources. My mother is doing well in the nursing home and I am profiting from a
  support group for the relatives of the residents.. The nurse responds I wonder whether you would
  consider it worthwhile to spend additional time exploring why your feelings about giving up the
  caregiver role were so intense.. When the nurse makes this overture, the assessment can be made
  that
  a. the client is experiencing transference.
  b. the client demonstrates need for continuing support.
  c. the nurse is having difficulty terminating.
  d. the nurse is empathizing client dependency feelings.
Read 56 times
1 Reply