r
d
l
a
jgrou0811 jgrou0811
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A client has come to the clinic to discuss the stress she is experiencing because of failing two exams at school. Initially, she described her failures as the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and she stated,

There is absolutely nothing I can do to pass this course now. Based on the client's responses to questions, the nurse finds out there are three more equally weighted exams scheduled for this course. The nurse and client collaborate and decide to use interventions to facilitate emotion-focused coping. Which additional comment from the client would the nurse identify as providing support for this decision?

A) You've got to figure out something for me to do to get me out of this situation
  B) This is a waste of time because absolutely nothing you or I can do will make it any better.
  C) I overreacted; surely together we can figure out something for me to do.
  D) This is the worst thing that could ever happen to me. I'm nothing but a failure.
Read 45 times
1 Reply