t
i
r
r
mforeman7 mforeman7
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
I have been taking biology for two years now and I still have not found the key to succeeding
Read 704 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
10 years ago
Hi! What is it about Biology that gives you trouble? Is it that you don't find it interesting? Or is it too much reading? When you figure that out, you are on the way to finding a solution.

It may be that you are trying to force yourself to learn in a style that is not best suited to you. How do you study? Do you just read the material hoping things stick, or do you try to answer questions?

What I think you may want to do is figure out your learning style. Maybe a visit to your academic adviser or the tutorial centre will help. If not, you may want to look for some online quizzes to help you figure out what your learning style is... once you do this, you can start looking for some tools that best suit your skills. So for example, if you are auditory or visual, you can use more youtube videos to study.

But I always found it useful to study by writing practice answers, drawing things over and over, and talking things out.
wrote...
10 years ago
 To make Biology more interesting, I use coloured pens and highlighters to write new concepts. By doing this, the next time I have to study the concept, I would be drawn to the colours and it would not feel so dull anymore. Invest in a packet of gel-ink coloured pens. They are fun to write with. You can highlight the heading of each new topic with a fluorescent highlighter to enhance things. Slight Smile... Hope this helps.  Smiling Face with Open Mouth
wrote...
10 years ago
Two ways. 1st, think big. You might find a way to change the world. 2nd, study with buddies.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  1022 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which of the following is the best resource to supplement your studies:
Votes: 249

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?