t
i
r
r
jbennett14 jbennett14
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
10 years ago
Will someone please help me answer the following questions?

1. Describe the effect that boiling had on pepsin and how you could tell that it had that effect.
2. Was your prediction correct aboutthe optimal pH for pepsin activity? Discuss the physiological correlation behind your results.
3. What do you think would happen if you reduced the incubation time to 30 minutes for tube 5?
Read 1100 times
3 Replies

Related Topics

Replies
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
1. Describe the effect that boiling had on pepsin and how you could tell that it had that effect.

Boiling inactivated the pepsin. This is evidenced by the fact that no activity was seen with Tube #1. However, the enzyme was very active in Tube #2.

2. Was your prediction correct aboutthe optimal pH for pepsin activity? Discuss the physiological correlation behind your results.

The correct prediction is pH 2.0. This is because pepsin is most active at the pH of gastric juice which is about pH 2.0.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
jbennett14 Author
wrote...
10 years ago
Thanks Padre!

I still need help with the following question:
3. What do you think would happen if you reduced the incubation time to 30 minutes for tube 5?
wrote...
Staff Member
Educator
10 years ago
Thanks Padre!

I still need help with the following question:

Follow forum rules, two questions per thread.
Mastering in Nutritional Biology
Tralalalala Slight Smile
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  957 People Browsing
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which industry do you think artificial intelligence (AI) will impact the most?
Votes: 352

Previous poll results: What's your favorite math subject?