d
l
a
s
haileyyfoll haileyyfoll
wrote...
Rep: 0 0
6 years ago
A patient has been prescribed corticosteroid therapy for the treatment of severe osteoarthritis. The nurse evaluates that teaching about this drug is understood if the patient makes which statement?

1. If I get sick and cannot take my medicine for more than 3 days, I will contact my health care provider.
  2. I will take my medication at the same time every day.
  3. I will take my medication with food or a meal.
  4. I will avoid dairy products while taking this medication.
  5. If I notice my vision is changing, I will contact my health care provider.
Read 44 times
1 Reply

Related Topics

Replies
tos
wrote...
6 years ago
Rationale 1: The patient should not stop the corticosteroid abruptly and should contact the health care provider if unable to take the medication for over 1 day.
Rationale 2: The patient should take this medication regularly and at the same time every day.
Rationale 3: Taking the medication with food or a meal will help to reduce gastric upset.
Rationale 4: There is no reason to avoid dairy products when taking this medication.
Rationale 5: Corticosteroids may cause increased intraocular pressure and an increased risks of glaucoma and may cause cataracts.

Global Rationale: The patient should take this medication regularly and at the same time every day. There is no reason to avoid dairy products when taking this medication. Corticosteroids may cause increased intraocular pressure and an increased risk of glaucoma and may cause cataracts. The patient should not stop the corticosteroid abruptly and should contact the health care provider if unable to take the medication for over 1 day. There is no reason to avoid dairy products when taking this medication.
Explore
Post your homework questions and get free online help from our incredible volunteers
  829 People Browsing
 131 Signed Up Today
Related Images

Your Opinion
Which 'study break' activity do you find most distracting?
Votes: 741